Preimplantation genetic testing
Preimplantation genetic testing is a procedure that allows you to conduct research and find out the presence of chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo. The analysis allows you to learn about chromosomal breakdowns even before the embryo is implanted.
PGT is an alternative method of detailed diagnosis at the stage of prenatal preparation.
The main reasons for PGT screening
The fact is that it allows you to increase the chances of having a healthy baby.
What gives the transfer of only one genetically healthy embryo:
- It allows you to 100% avoid multiple pregnancies and minimize the risks associated with the course of pregnancy and delivery as much as possible.
- Minimizes the risk of spontaneous termination of pregnancy or for medical reasons as much as possible. If explained in simple words, the absence of chromosomal abnormalities ensures the normotypic course of pregnancy.
- Allows you to increase the chances of having a healthy baby.
Types of PGT
There are three types of PGT screening.
- PGT-A – provides detection of quantitative abnormalities at the chromosomal level.
- PGT-SP – search for structural anomalies in DNA.
- MGT-M – search for disorders and structural changes in one gene.
Appointment of preimplantation genetic test
- Increasing the effectiveness of treatment and successful IVF procedure.
- Exclude the fixation of the fetus with chromosomal or genetic abnormalities: Down syndrome, Edwards.
- Determination of the Rh factor of the unborn child. This is necessary in order to avoid rhesus conflict, which can lead to undesirable and even dangerous consequences for the life of the mother and child.
- Determination of the probability of inheritance of diseases.
- In some cases, it is possible to carry out a procedure to find out the sex of the unborn baby. Some diseases tend to be transmitted exclusively by gender.
In addition, the PGT procedure allows for an identity analysis. This may be necessary if there is a child with a serious illness in the family who needs a bone marrow transplant. Sometimes, this method becomes the reason for the birth of one and saving the life of another.
Are there any contraindications
There are no contraindications to the PGT procedure, but there are certain risks that need to be remembered.
- decrease in the degree of viability of the embryo;
- the probability of inaccuracy and getting the opposite result.
Risks can be reduced and minimized if the procedure is entrusted to qualified specialists.
How the procedure is performed
The standard PGT procedure is performed on the 5th-6th day of embryo development. By this time, the fetal cells begin to divide, and it becomes possible to safely extract the necessary amount of tissue for examination with the help of specialized tools.
All the time while the biopsy is being examined, the embryo will be waiting in the cryocapsule. Each embryo has a specific number.
Why it is worth carrying out a PGT in Belarus or in Ukraine
- Modern equipment;
- Highly qualified doctors with extensive work experience;
- Getting results quickly;
- Support of the quality control system, preservation and identity of biomaterial.
For any questions, please contact the phone number indicated in the contact information. The manager will guide you on the cost, and will also help you choose a medical center for an appointment with a geneticist and other specialists.